On 26 November 2014 CIECA organized a workshop concerning the assessment of Disabled Drivers. On that occasion, the interest and relevance of this topic was made clear by all participants in the event who suggested the need to continue the work on this topic.
Having this into consideration, CIECA will be holding a follow-up workshop on the Assessment of Disabled Drivers on 15 October 2015 at the premises of the Belgian Road Safety Institute (BRSI) in Brussels (Chaussée de Haecht 1405, B-1130 Brussels).
The ultimate goal of the workshop is to create a sustainable forum within CIECA devoted to the topic of the assessment of disabled drivers, with the possibility of expanding the scope of the platform to other related medical issues. This line of work follows the principles set up in the current CIECA strategy, and will, without any doubt, be present in the future work of our organization (this is an issue that will be discussed in more depth during the workshop on the CIECA Strategy that will take place on 16 October at the same premises).
We are still finalizing the programme of the event, but at this stage we can confirm that:
- Mrs. Ragnhild Davidse (Dr.) from SWOV will give a presentation about the Fitci project.
- There will also be discussions on future initiatives which deal with the development of a common policy across EU to meet the health and wellbeing needs of disabled and/or older drivers.
- Fee: This members' only event is free-of-charge
- Location:Belgian Road Safety Institute (IBSR) in Brussels (Belgium).> Please download the information for participants.
- Accommodation: Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre. The deadline for hotel bookings is 18 September 2015. Please download the hotel reservation form.
- Deadline: The registration deadline for the event is 7 October 2015.
- Working language: English
Please note: If you want to attend the Strategy workshop on 16 October 2015 as well, you need to register separately for each of the events.