The value of statistics
- Please note:
In order to facilitate the attendance to both workshops, this year the TAG and EAG annual workshops will take place on consecutive days (17 and 18 June). Members can attend one or both workshops if they wish to do so, but they should register for each of the events.
If you want to register for the TAG workshop, please find the registration tool below. If you want to attend the EAG workshop, please follow this link.
Following the topic on item writing which was the main focus on last year's workshop, the TAG (Theory Advisory Group) has decided to highlight the value of statistics applied to the theory test in the event organized for all CIECA members in 2015. The main objective of the workshop is to provide training on how to use basic statistics concepts to improve the quality of theory tests.
The theoretical driving license test is delivered as a computer based test in most countries in these days. Therefore, test results can be digitally saved and anonymously collected as a basis for statistical analyses. This leads to the question on how these analyses can improve the theory test.
However, to answer this question one needs to understand:
- statistical parameters such as p-values, discriminative power, reliability, etc.,
- the meaning of possible values of these parameters,
- what changes to test items and test forms may influence these parameter values,
- what parameter values to aim for.
Discussions within the TAG as well as many requests from CIECA members have shown that these are challenges many of us are confronted with on everyday basis, and that answers are, sometimes, quite complex. Therefore, this workshop aims at building the understanding of these topics through the exchange of expertise and experiences from members, practical activities and expert presentations.
The workshop is relevant for all professionals who want to learn to develop and refine theory tests, and for those seeking a refresher course and an opportunity to learn new skills.
Once more, the TAG intends to make all CIECA members participate vey actively in the workshop, so come ready to interact with other CIECA members on this issue.
- Fee: This members' only event is free-of-charge
- Location: Dirección General de Tráfico, Madrid. Please download the information for participants.
- Accommodation: Silken Puerta Madrid, C/Juan Rizi 5, 28027 Madrid, Spain. If you want to learn more about the hotel, please visit their web.
- Please note that the hotel is only 15 km. away from the airport (and a bit far from the city centre). There is a free shuttle service provided by the hotel but it can only be booked one month in advance of the date of arrival. At the moment the service runs every 30 minutes all days of the week from 8 am to 1 pm, and from 5.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
Rates: 85 € / night (95 € double room). The rates include breakfast and internet connection. All taxes are included.
Reservations: In order to book your room, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing the code BLOCK DGT 947486.
Please book your room by 5 June 2015. Rooms can be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
- Deadline: The registration deadline for the event is 5 June 2015.
- Working language: English
- Dinner: Please note that we will organize dinner in the hotel on 16 and 17 June. Further information on this issue will be notified at a later stage.