ACHIEVING OUR GOAL OF SAFER DRIVERS BY TRAINING AND TESTING
On 26-27 May 2011 CIECA, the International Commission for Driver Testing Authorities organized its 43rd Congress which was hosted by Transport Malta.
The Congress focused on the foundations of driver training and education which are necessary to improve road safety.
Introductory speeches and presentations
- Welcome from CIECA, Sonja Sporstøl, CIECA President
- Welcome from Transport Malta (TM), Major Peter Paul Ripard, Transport Malta
- Road Safety: the European Union policy, Frederik Jansen, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Keynote address on the link between training and testing, Sami Mynttinen, TraFi (Finland)
Session 1: License aquisition training
- Why is it important to increase understanding of the brain amongst driving teachers?, Dagfinn Moe, SINTEF (Norway)
- How assessment supports learning, Elisabeth Suzen, Nord-Trøndelag University College (Norway)
- Driver training, testing and licensing and the safety of new drivers: review and future outlook, Shaun Helman, TRL (Great Britain)
Session 2: Training of examiners
- Review of driving examiner education in France, Jean-Marc Sangouard & Patrice Perouas, INSERR (France)
- Driving examiner education standards – the German approach, Reinhard Meyer, TÜV SÜD (Germany)
Session 3: Setting trainer or taining standards
- European Driving Instructor Standards, Gerhard von Bressensdorf, European Driving Schools Association
Session 4: Post test training
- Training novice drivers after the Spanish penalty point system experience, José Ignacio Lijarcio Cárcel, University of Valencia (Spain)
- Post test training of older drivers – Comparison of US and European approaches, Jean-Pascal Assailly, INRETS (France)
- Conclusions and closing words, Kari Hakuli, TraFi (Finland)
Should you have questions concerning this event, please contact the CIECA Secretariat.